Steve's Roasted CrockPot Chicken (Whole Chicken). I know it sounds crazy, but you can replicate the deliciousness of a rotisserie chicken at home.in your slow cooker. Now, to be perfectly honest, the meat will be extremely tender but skin won't be as crispy. Delicious crock pot recipes for Pot Roast, Pork, Chicken, soups and desserts!
Skip the overnight refrigeration if you are in a hurry. For variety, eliminate the onion and substitute a quartered lemon or two, stuffed into the chicken cavity. Try this Crockpot "roasted" whole chicken recipe, or contribute your own. You can cook Steve's Roasted CrockPot Chicken (Whole Chicken) using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steve's Roasted CrockPot Chicken (Whole Chicken)
- You need 1 of Whole Chicken.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 4 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 5 of Small Russet Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lemon Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 cup of Chicken Broth.
Stuff chicken cavity (you know. were the giblets were?) with onion you set aside and garlic cloves. Place chicken breast side up on top of onions in slow cooker. Crockpot Rotisserie chicken is easier than you think and this slow cooker whole chicken literally falls off the bone. Once you try this crockpot whole chicken recipe you won't cook a whole chicken any other way!
Steve's Roasted CrockPot Chicken (Whole Chicken) instructions
- Mix all seasonings in bowl. (Except minced garlic).
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Be sure to remove gizzards etc. from cavity..
- Place onion in cavity. Place the 4 tblsp. Garlic in cavity. Pour 1/2 cup lemon juice in cavity..
- Massage entire chicken with oil..
- Rub seasoning mixture over entire chicken..
- Place potatoes in bottom of slow cooker. Pour one cup chicken broth over potatoes..
- Place chicken on top of potatoes..
- COVER, cook on low 7-8 hours..
- Carefully remove chicken..
- Remove potatoes and juices to bowl and mix well. Makes awesome mashed potstoes!.
It is seriously so good and loaded with flavor! We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Erik Anderson, current chef-in-residence at Intro in Chicago, shows us how to get a perfectly browned chicken by pan-roasting it, then finishing it in the oven. With only a few minutes of prep, the slow cooker does all the work! This crockpot spicy chicken tortilla soup will spice up your Mexican night without you having to do any heavy prep after work.