Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon. Rigatoni with Sausage, Spinach and Goat Cheese. This Italian Sausage Rotini is a husband favorite (our kids love it too)! It's a little spicy and really cheesy and just yummy.
This sausage pasta recipe tastes a lot like pizza! If you have leftover baked rotini with sausage, you can portion it and freeze it for another meal later. Cook up a batch of savory Baked Rotini with Sausage and Spinach for your dinner entrée tonight with the family. You can have Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon
- It’s 3 of Italian sausages, casings removed.
- Prepare 350 g of button mushrooms, sliced 1/2 cm thick.
- Prepare 3 cups of dry rotini noodles.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of fennel bulb, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1 handful of fennel fronds.
Whisk eggs, milk, lemon zest and dry seasonings in large bowl until blended. Texture: The chunks of sausage and mushroom are substantial and meaty while the pasta is tender and rich. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Giada De Laurentiis Makes Lemon and Pea Alfredo
Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon step by step
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat. Crumble the sausages into a large pan on medium-high heat. You shouldn't need oil as the sausages will release fat as they cook. Let them fry slowly until they're about half-cooked (about 3 or 4 minutes)..
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and continue cooking until the mushrooms release their water, about another 3 to 4 minutes. Your pot of water should be boiling by this point, so drop the noodles in..
- Add the garlic and fennel bulb to the pan. Continue frying, stirring occasionally, until the meat and mushrooms are caramelized and the fennel slightly softened, about 5 minutes. If your rotini isn't cooked yet, turn the pan down to low while you wait..
- Once the noodles are cooked, transfer them to the pan with a slotted spoon (so that you get just a bit of pasta water with each spoonful). Add the butter and squeeze in the lemon juice, then toss to combine. Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Use kitchen shears to snip the fennel fronds into the pasta, then serve with a generous snow of freshly grated parmesan cheese..
THE RIGHT fried potatoes WITH MUSHROOMS! Italian Sausage and Rotini – a quick, simple weeknight dinner. Pasta with an Italian sausage, tomato, and black olive sauce. This sauce is simply browned Italian sausage with tomatoes, black olives, fresh basil, and a few seasonings. Really nothing fancy, but very pleasing to sit down to after a busy.