Okra Fry Bread. Okra is dredged in seasoned cornmeal, then fried until golden. Using this recipe with some minor modifications allowed me to prepare better fried okra than my mom! The BEST Fried Okra starts with incredible ingredients.
I served with a big pot of beans. Whisk in water to make a thin batter. Over medium heat, add clarified butter to a cast iron. You can have Okra Fry Bread using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Okra Fry Bread
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn meal.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of a.p. flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of okra, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of onion, minced.
- It’s 1 of oil for frying.
Perfectly FRIED OKRA to kick off the Fall Season!! Deronda demonstrates her original homemade FRIED OKRA recipe!! Tender OKRA slices with a golden crunch. Crispy Air Fryer Fried Okra recipe that's easy to make and fried to a golden crispy texture.
Okra Fry Bread step by step
- Mix together all dry ingredients..
- Add in 3/4 cup of water and stir until dough comes together and resembles bread dough adding more water if needed..
- Careful not to overwork dough, fold in onion and okra. Then separate dough into 4-6 equal amounts..
- Form each portion into a ball with floured hands. Then using a rolling pin roll each out to 1/4 inch thickness. Poke a small hole in the center of each round. (This will help the bread to stay flat while frying.).
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 350°F. One at a time place the dough flat into the oil and fry on both sides until golden. Remove and place on a towel to cool and remove excess oil..
Crispy Air Fryer Fried Okra Recipe. Fried okra is a classic southern dish. It is a crispy and addicting easy snack or appetizer recipe. A cajun dipping sauce gives it the perfect amount of kick! The typical okra preparation involves a simple breading procedure followed by two to three minutes of frying.